Saturday, July 03, 2004

Once upon a time in Bombay...

In February I was in Bombay on an Official visit. Went for 2 days and came back after a month. You know clients. They can be pushy. Well, they were in a jam and we had the moral responsibility to help them out. Especially since they got into the jam because of us. Wait a minute, that is not my point. The point is I met a few old friends there. I met the software engineer who quit software engineering to become a film-maker (Last I heard of him was he was thinking of joining the Industry back). A good friend. He can kill panthers with his bare hands (So he claims). I also met the software engineer who quit software engineering to become an NGO activist. He was desperately trying to get out of the NGO business.

The lesson learned : Do not quit software engineering.

No comments: